Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ultimate - 100 words

I have been thinking about doing something like this for a while now, but was inspired to actually do something about it by the 100 words challenge on Velvet Verbosity. You can read more about it on VV, but the basic idea is to take a single word inspiration (in this case "ultimate) and write 100 words about it - no more, no less. A fascinating idea to say the least. So, I thought I would start my new blog by participating in the challenge for the first time. Here goes...

---------------------------

It’s hard to focus on the ultimate when drowning in the mundane: a blaring TV as my daughter watches “Jungle Book” while simultaneously playing with her singing crab; a house that’s need for cleaning is in direct inverse proportion to my level of energy and motivation to do so; a wife who moved directly from bed to the computer to work (on a Saturday!). But then I am caught by my daughter’s beauty, by the line of her cheek and jaw which mirrors my wife’s, and I realize I’m living the ultimate and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

---------------------------

Stop by and see other entries at Velvet Verbosity - www.velvetverbosity.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah. A beautiful little piece. If only more people could recognize the beauty contained within daily life.

Anonymous said...

and here i've been saying that no one can ever be happy with what they have. muy bueno :D